Does your favourite site have a pro-Apple bias? This could be the reason.
Apple probably has one of the most effective PR teams in the world. With new products coming our way soon, you can see selective leaks and reports and scoops and whatnot all over the place, keeping the public interest at its peak. A small circuit board inside the new iPhone? Most exciting news ever. And so on. But they don’t stop there.
9to5Mac has published an extensive series of articles on how this PR machine works, after conducting dozens of interviews with PR people, bloggers and former Apple employees. Since this is the weekend after all (Labour day weekend for our friends over the pond) this is excellent reading material. Here are the links for the articles:
– Part 1) Apple Events and Shredded White Booklets
– Part 2) Introducing the Teams: How PR Is Organized at 3 Infinite Loop
– Part 3) Strategies: The “Art of Deep Background” and Controlling the Press
– Part 4) The Departure of a “Tyrant”
– Part 5) Two Heads In Place Of One
– Part 6) Controversies: From Maps to Beats to Haunted Empires
– Part 7) Product Reviews, Briefings, & Reviewer’s Guides
– Part Steve Jobs and the Process Behind Press Releases
– Part 9) A Friendlier, More Transparent Future?