Manjaro Linux 0.8.10 is out
I am somewhat biased to this, since this is my favourite Linux distribution at the moment, and the one that I am currently using.
The new version boasts a lot of improvements too. Here’s the lowdown:
On behalf of the Manjaro team, I’m pleased to announce the release of Manjaro Linux 0.8.10.
Our team has worked hard over the last three months to put together the most refined and user-friendly Manjaro release to date. This release includes our flagship Xfce edition, feature-rich KDE edition, lightweight Openbox edition and our minimal ‘Net’ edition.
Although the general layout of our supported environments has not changed dramatically, there have been look-and-feel improvements, including a modern graphical bootsplash, new default theme (Menda) and a new look for our welcome screen. Where much attention has been focused since our last release is on infrastructure development, including improvements to our installation framework (Thus), package management & update interfaces (Pamac & Octopi), post-installation configuration framework (Turbulence) and to our user-friendly hardware detection and driver installation tool (MHWD).
In addition to our officially supported environments, our various community editions will be updated to 0.8.10 and released over the coming weeks. Installation images for Gnome 3, MATE, Enlightenment, LXDE and Cinnamon desktop environments will be provided by our community & team, along with the Netbook edition and it’s modified Xfce environment.
Newcomers to the community edition line-up include highly tweaked Fluxbox, AwesomeWM and PekWM editions. For the adventurous, there’s an ISO available using the still-in-development LXQt environment (upcoming successor to LXDE).
Included in this release of Manjaro
- Linux 3.12.20
- Mesa 10.1.4
- Xorg-Server 1.15.1
- Gstreamer 1.2.4
- LibreOffice 4.2.4
- MHWD 0.3.901
- libdrm 2.4.54
- Catalyst 14.04
- Nvidia 331.79
New features in Thus – graphical installer
- Fix lxdm for LXDE edition
- Fix keyboard and keymap placement before encrypt hook
- Fix filesystem and partition shrink operation
- Fix partitioning calls to consistently use MiB instead of mixing MiB and MB
- Fix ext2 mounting
- Fix issue with LUKS and LVM (optional home)
- Fix issue with LVM partition creation
- Fix issue with LVM partition removal
- Fix rsync issue reported by Demiray
- Fix issue we have when no plymouth was on install media
- Add support for plymouth
- Add support for sddm
- Add 1MB offset for ROOT size calculation
- Add swap to grub kernel parameters
- Add xfs freeze function to support grub installation on xfs
- Add automatic network driver installation routine to mhwd.sh
- Do not swapoff ZRAM
- Filter out empty strings from the list of swap partitions
- Move swap to the end of free space, and do not leave unused space
- Mount swap after manual partitioning
- Load_html_string is deprecated since webkitgtk 1.1.1
- Remove cairo coloring for check page
- Rework auto_partition.py
- Set_from_stock_name is deprecated since gtk 3.10
- Sort to_be_deleted and changelist in installation_advanced
- Using ‘encoding=utf8′ prevents an exception to rise when using env vars in the command line
- Update DBusException in misc
- Simplify grub installation routine
- Use timeout to see if grub installation fails
- Do not use /mnt as temporary mount point
- Update translations
You can get Manjaro from here – go grab your favourite flavour.